I don’t even know where to begin today. This has been one strange strange day, especially given the whole weekend of strange days I just had over the Memorial Day holiday. Physically and mentally strained, I’ve stumbled upon so much awesome it’s not even funny.
* First, as mentioned below, I have a new story up at Hadron Colliderscope entitled “Whole Lotta Rosie,” so do look at that.
* A new crime noir webcomic from writer Ed Brisson named Murder Book. The first sequence, drawn by Simon Roy, is called “Catching Up” and is a stellar read with a great twist ending.
* “BP Kills Aquaman” – Editorial cartoon Photoshop at Dangerous Minds.
* Teaser posters for a new creator-owned series from Mark Millar & Leinil Francis Yu, Superior.
* Bleeding Cool, a site I’ve contributed to, turned one year old today.
The music, my GODS, the MUSIC today:
* Woke up first thing this morning, with the download link for the free debut EP from How to Destroy Angels, the new band from Trent Reznor and his wife Mariqueen Maandig. It went from there.
* Brooklyn’s Finest, a 25-track FREE DOWNLOAD from band The Stuyvesants.
* The Indelicates have a new album, Songs for Swinging Lovers, available for download on a “Radiohead” style purchasing model.
And finally, the possibility has arisen that a BEER may be brewed in tribute to my comic strip “A Word From Our Sponsor”. This is the HP Lovecraft Cthulhu beer commercial. OH LORDY.